We Are Hiring - Mortgage Underwriter FULL TIME
Denise Laframboise is a knowledgeable, capable and honest mortgage expert that loves helping her clients with all their mortgage needs. Her team of expert partners helps support clients and referral partners through every part of the mortgage transaction & strategically building wealth through real estate.
The role of the UNDERWRITER (UW) is a key role in the growth and development of Denise Laframboise Mortgage Team. The UW will be focused on managing and pre-approving all files. This role is key in offering value to all of our clients, referral partners and lenders. Fully underwrite all files, maintain up-to-date information on lender policies and follow the detailed process that has been created.
Utilize and constantly improve current system that will allow the team to effectively deliver the process to all clients and track all deals
Utilize CRM – and complete the tasks for the day
Communicate with clients and provide support during pre-approval and live deal phase through email correspondence and over the phone.
Communicate with all referral partners and keep them continually updated and feeling appreciated
Manage all lender communications throughout the approval and submission process through Velocity
Organize and maintain all databases and documents up to date
Record necessary communication in team tools such as MS Teams
Duties and responsibilities
The role of the UW will be focused on taking a file from application stage through submission phase and support OPERATIONS DIRECTOR in building the business in whatever way is required.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
Communicate with clients as per the Process that is built
Daily tasks including:
· Updating all communication in Salesforce CRM
· Underwrite all files (pre-approvals & live deals)
· Update CRM (contact info, projects/opportunities/etc)
· Add all leads to the tracking list in CRM
· Create all pre-approvals and communicate back and forth with clients for docs
· Send clients pre-approval letters/email templates
· Update the Realtors with pre-approval email
· Follow up on all pre-approvals
· Review properties pre-approved clients are placing offers on with lenders
· Provide updates to clients & realtors during live deals as required
· UW the deal using Velocity.
· Manage all the communication with the lender during approval phase
· Follow up with clients for all Outstanding Docs if required
· Create Signing Docs and send using current e-signing system
· Update clients and realtor on condition of financing
· Communicate effectively with Fulfillment Specialist/Client Experience for smooth transition of files
· Other duties as requested
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
· A process driven and detail oriented person
· Ability to work independently for extended periods of time with minimal supervision
· Who should apply?
§ Current lender underwriter looking for work life balance on a supportive team
§ Current Mortgage Agent who loves the math but does not enjoy the marketing side of the job
§ Current fulfillment specialist with at least 2 years experience
DETAILS OF THE JOB
6-8 hours per day of focused work time x 5 days per week
Work can occur in company office at 28 Princess St, Brooklin, ON or remote from home as needed
There will be a 3-month probation period
Salary will be in line with experience for the successful candidate
Profit sharing bonus applicable after first year
Flexible vacation program
VALUES OF THE TEAM
Supportive open door environment
We do a lot of mortgages & have fun while we do it!
Position available IMMEDIATELY
Part-time hours: 30-40 per week
Application deadline: 2021-06-30
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: All team members are working from home virtually until safe to work in person.
Mortgage Industry: 2 years (preferred)
Yes or from the office at 28 Princess Street Suite 101, Brooklin, ON